Friday, May 13, 2011

Keep it going

One of the toughest times when training someone new is to keep the work outs going after that initial period of time such as past two weeks.  There are two ways that I use to get through this important period. The first is through measuring progress. By measuring and complimenting progress, I can keep my customer focused on his or her objective.  When the objective is the focus versus the thoughts about getting tired of training, the work outs become secondary to progress.  The second way that I keep the energy going is through doing a variety of exercises so that the work outs do not become repetitive.  That said, I try to understand which exercises are most liked and getting the best results and then I choose from that list.  So to get through the early stages of getting fit, I keep the goal in mind and I change it up.  It works well.